Sunday, August 3, 2008

Tired

For those of you who have been following my blogging, sorry, I've been a little busy :) Over the past month, I've gone through two more rounds of chemo. That's right boys and girls, that means I only have one more round until surgery time!! WOO HOO! Then I have about a month and a half off of chemo while I recover from my surgery. Thank heaven for small favors right!

So, where did I leave off. After the first round of chemo, the side effects that can come, did. I got the mouth sores (which I guess I'm even more prone too because I got them even before I got sick), I got the indegestion and what we will call "stomach issues". My "stomach issues" have changed through the different rounds of chemo, but I'm just hoping they don't get worse. I haven't gotten sick as in throw-upy sick (is that a word??), but I have gotten nauseous a couple times here and there. Thank goodness for anti-nauseau meds!

The worst thing about the side effects of the chemo is the complete and total lack of energy! For those of you who have had a really good massage, you know how your body just feels completely weak afterwords? Or for those of you who just get so tired that your arms or some other part of your body feels like it weighs 900 lbs and doesn't want to move? That is how I feel ALL THE TIME. Gets pretty old! I was seriously lying on the couch the other night and woke up from a nap around 8pm. It honestly took me an hour to get off of the couch, go to the fridge to get some applesauce since I hadn't eaten since 3:30 that afternoon, and go back to the couch and finally eat the applesauce. I mean come on! I ended up sending a text message to my husband telling him that I seriously thought he might find my dying carcas on the couch because I couldn't move! Then when he finally got home, he put me to bed, but my stomach wasn't liking the idea of going to sleep. So I got back up, took some meds and grabbed a piece of bread to eat and layed my head on Morgan's stomach. It took me almost 30 minutes to eat the bread because although my head is saying eat, my body is say F**k you, that takes to much energy! First you want me to bring the food to your lips, then you want me to open your mouth, then you want to chew and swallow??? Who do you think you are??

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like all of you who know Angie, I think she is a terrific woman (I can't even call her that since she's younger than me!!!) I met Angie in Dr. Domke's office and since day one have loved her. Not only is she one of the strongest women I know, but her attitude and fun loving spirit are contagious. What a beautiful girl. She's a definite fighter and I don't see her backing down. Angie I'm glad I have the chance to be here with you during chemo and I want to give a shout out to Morgan for making her chemo's here a good experience. Both you and Morgan are such genuine people, it's refreshing to see that in the world.
Angie has so many friends and family that come with her for her chemo, for all the ones I have met here, you are all awesome.
See ya soon gorgeous!
Kandace

Anonymous said...

Hey Angie. It was awesome to hear your voice today. You are such a fighter! And for you to ask how my family was with everything you have going on . . .You are just amazing! Please know that we are praying for you, Morgan and your family and think about you all the time. Sounds like you have a great group of doctors and friends near you, but know that everyone back home in South Bend is pulling for you too. I will be keeping in touch with your mom and dad and might get to see you soon. Take care. Love you. HUGS.
Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hey Angie-

I've been thinking about you, so I am very glad that you are taking the time to write this blog.

You are a very strong and courageous women; and I totally get a kick out of your sense of humor.

My prayers are with you.

Meta

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
I saw your parents at your grandma's funeral and they told me about you being diagnosed with IBC. Your mom gave me the web site so I decided to read all of it. I think what you are doing, by blogging your fight, is wonderful. You have always been a strong willed person. I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Kelly (Hay) Willoughby

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie! This is Aunt Barb & Uncle Bob (Elvis to you)-ha ha! Love reading your blog. We've been having fun with our garage sales-hot & humid- but still fun! Keep up the fight and we'll be there for golf outing.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie! Glad you are doing better now and out of hospital!! That's no place to go-right? Keep your fighting spirit and we will see you sometime the weekend of the 13TH.
Love
Aunt Barb
Uncle Bob (Elvis)

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie-just checking your blog for updates-none. Hopefully you'll feel well enough soon to update. Looking forward to coming to golf outing next weekend and seeing you. See you later! Love you!
Love
Aunt Barb & Uncle Bob (Elvis)

Anonymous said...

Angie,

I get updates all the time from mom and how things are going. I just came up again to read your blog and I always am amazed at your candor and sense of humor. Keep your eyes lifted girl. It sounds like you have a bunch of people surrounding you up there, but know that you have people fighting and praying and thinking of you in Atlanta, GA!
Love you
~Betsy